Thursday 31 January 2013

Foodography with the Fuji X-Pro 1

Just because I had nothing to do this afternoon and Hanna found something to play with(and not jumping on my back) I baked a blueberry tart(or sort of). Didn't feel like having an espresso so I decided to brew a light filter coffee for myself with Aeropress.

Hanna was still busy playing so I grabbed couple of flashguns, triggers, a softbox and some light diffuser and did a few coffe and cake shots.  All images were made with the Fuji X-Pro 1 and the 35mm f1.4 lens and processed in Lightroom.

My wife loved the cake too, but probably she's going to kill me for my "nothing to do" opening line.

Bon appetit mon ami!











2 comments:

  1. Lovely photos. Would you mind sharing a little more about your setup and technique? Have an X-Pro 1 and the 35mm, and interested in getting my first flash. Any tips or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. Thanks for looking and sorry for not getting back to you earlier, but here I am now. So, for the photos above I used 1 Metz and 1 Canon flashguns and 3 Yongnuo rf 603C radio triggers. A 60x60 softbox on a light stand with one of the flashguns was facing the objects(they were placed to a white desk) and a round light diffuser with the other flash was behind them. For some shots I used some white foamboards on each side of the objects and the flashguns were set up manually. I can't really recommend any Fuji flash, simply because I don't have any. All of my flashguns are made for Canon, but most of the time I use them off camera anyway. Funny thing about my radio triggers is they most of the time work perfectly with the X-Pro1, even though they were made for Canon, but when I only want to use the viewfinder they stop triggering my flashes.
    I hope I could shed some light with my answers.

    ReplyDelete